How National School Backpack Awareness Day Gifts Can Make Your Logo Portable?
National School Backpack Awareness Day is observed on the third Wednesday of September to spread awareness about the ideal back pack options for kids. This also makes a great time for the occupational therapy services to spread their message and to help individuals lead a quality life to its fullest.
Looking for a perfect gift to celebrate this day in your community and drive home your message? Well, can there be anything better than a back pack to celebrate this day and create awareness on the right backpacks. Just think about the school supplies that children carry every day. Studies show that heavy loads and inappropriately designed backpacks can all cause lower back pain that often lasts through adulthood. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, instances of strains, dislocations, and even fractures from backpacks have become common these days. Heavy backpacks affect not just kids but people of all age groups.
A few handy tips in choosing the right back pack will go a long way in keeping the kids safe while toting books and supplies to and from schools.
- Choose a backpack that is appropriate for your child. Often parents buy bigger bags that can be used for a longer time, which is a wrong trend.
- The height of the backpack should ideally extend from 2 inches below the shoulder blades to waist level.
- The shoulder straps should be well padded to ensure uniform weight distribution.
- The heaviest items should be packed in such a way that these stay closest to the child’s back so that the child can easily stand up straight.
- Choose backpacks with hip belt as it enhances balance and will take the strain off their neck.
- The backpack weight should not be more than 10% of the kid’s body weight. If it is too heavy for the child, consider a bag with wheels.
Here are some back pack models that can be considered as handouts during the occasion of backpack awareness day
Drawstring bags: Being lightweight, affordable, and convenient, drawstring bags are easy to carry. Available in a palette of bright colors, kids will surely love the casual vibes of these bags. Imprint your logo to highlight your social commitment and enhance the goodwill.
Messenger bags Stylish and functional, messenger bags help school kids to organize their things perfectly. These have internal organizers where the kids can keep even small items like pens and cash safely. Imprint your logo and hand it out as back to school items or in community events or awareness campaigns.
The National School Backpack Awareness Day on Sept. 18 will be marked with events, awareness campaigns and community events attended by students, counselors, educators, parents and health professionals. So, why not convey the social commitment of your business by handing out these logo items from ProImprint which will bring in a quality change in the toting habits of school kids.
You may also like